Creamy potato soup has been in the talks a great deal. This soup not looks Only incredible but is also packed with loads of creamy and delightful flavor as well. Creamy potato soup is not really a healthy in your life, but a little cheating here and there is okay. You can prepare to the soup in one pot which is a plus point.
Winter is around the corner and in this weather would call for a hot, creamy and delicious bowl of soup. Sounds perfect?
Let’s not waste any further time and share this incredible recipe for a seamless potato soup. I bet in this recipe is going to be on your menu quite a lot this winter.
Following is the list of ingredients required to make this recipe:
Potato Soup Ingredients
- 2 ½ pounds of gold potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 6 strips of bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup of heavy cream
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp of Cajun spices
- 2/3 cup of sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Potato Soup
- Place bacon into a pot and put it on a medium high heat. Cook the bacon until it is brown, and the fat is rendered properly.
- Remove the bacon from heat and set it aside. Leaving the pot with the fat in it.
- Add butter, onion, carrots and celery in the pot and cook it on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Now, add garlic into the pot and let it cook until it is fragrant. This should take about 30 seconds.
- Add flour to the ingredients in the pot while stirring constantly with a whisk until smooth.
- Put potatoes into the mixture along with chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper and Cajun spices and mix well.
- Boil the mixture until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Take half of the soup and let it cool a bit. Then put it in a blender and puree it until it is smooth.
- Put the pureed soup together with bacon and sour cream to the pot and cook it for another 15 minutes.
- Top the soup with cheddar cheese, additional bacon and sour cream.
Potato Soup Secret Hack
If you like your soup to be full creamy, you can puree all the soup instead of pureeing it half.
Quantity of salt and pepper could be varied according to taste.
We Hope you love to the post on Potato Soup. you have any questions then Contact Us.
Related More Survey